1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

LOCKDOWN today! so excited 2nd timer!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by iluvsedward, Nov 5, 2010.

1. iluvsedward

iluvsedward Overrun With Chickens

Jan 19, 2010
    Calvert county MD
    Its lockdown day today! so nervous!!!!! I will update! they should be amarucuna/buff orphington mixes [​IMG]

also, is it bad if I don't stop turning them until they pip? or if I stop turning on day 15? I sorta don't know the exsact hatch date

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2010
  2. Braclin

Braclin KY Chicken Farmer

Jul 5, 2010
    Owingsville,KY
    Good Luck!!!! [​IMG]

3. sheila3935

sheila3935 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    Stonington, illinois
    I just set my 2nd hatch today. They are RIR BR crosses. What i do is keep a calendar and mark 1st day lockdown and hatch day so I wont forget. Not sure about taking them out of the egg turner if you are not sure if its day 15 or 18. Maybe someone here can help more. Have you candled them? maybe that will give you more of an idea where they are. Good luck and great hatching.

4. iluvsedward

Jan 19, 2010
    Calvert county MD
    Quote:I have candled them, the prblem is most of them are all at different stages, 2 are from the 22 of october, and one I figured out the lockdown date was either today/yesterday/tomarrow so I stoped turning it last night. I have 9 total

5. iluvsedward

Jan 19, 2010
    Calvert county MD
    I do have this but its not so accurate
    [​IMG]

6. sheila3935

sheila3935 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    Stonington, illinois
    I really dont think it would be much of a problem, I know during my last hatch I hatch 22 eggs out of 23, the chicks were rolling the eggs all over the place, I was going to say maybe just turn them once a day but then I would worry about the humidity dropping. Im gonna give you a bump and see if anyone thinks that not turing would be a problem.

7. iluvsedward

Jan 19, 2010
    Calvert county MD
    Quote:whats a 'bump'?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by