Lockdown tomorrow (8/1/11)!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by TinyTotsSeramas, Jul 31, 2011.

1. TinyTotsSeramas

TinyTotsSeramas Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2011
    Smithsburg
    Locking down 16 Quail eggs tomorrow!!
    Who wants to go into lockdown with me!!?? [​IMG]

2. CelticOaksFarm

CelticOaksFarm Family owned, family run

Sep 7, 2009
    Florida - Space Coast
    Good luck with your hatch, we are waiting for peachicks to hatch this week and more in 10 days.

3. Islandmom511

Islandmom511 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2011
    Quote:I'm with you! This is my first hatch, 2 pekins only, but as of tonights candling theyre lively and starting to push at the air sac! For those who have hatched before, what are my chances of both hatching if they are still alive at lockdown?

4. TinyTotsSeramas

TinyTotsSeramas Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2011
    Smithsburg
    Quote:I'm with you! This is my first hatch, 2 pekins only, but as of tonights candling theyre lively and starting to push at the air sac! For those who have hatched before, what are my chances of both hatching if they are still alive at lockdown?

Hope all goes well!! I cant candle my Quail eggs. their buttons and smaller then a Quarter and the speckles make it hard as is.. I was able to candle them 3-4 days into incubation and barely seen veining but it was there!

5. bluesuedepoultry

bluesuedepoultry Out Of The Brooder

Jul 8, 2011
    Heart of Dixie
    I lockdown Tuesday............good luck w/ your quail !

6. jm93030

jm93030 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2009
    lock down right now with 1 turkey egg

7. ContessaKris

ContessaKris Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2011
    Grandview (SKC), MO
    Aug 1st is our 18th day so we'll be locking down as well. We have a variety of eggs, 10 total. Candled tonight and just not sure if anything is viable. We'll just lockdown and take our chances. Good luck to all lockdowners...

8. AALEX621

AALEX621 New Egg

Jul 30, 2011
    My 4 silkie eggs will be going into lockdown today also! Good luck to you and your eggies [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by