Lockdown Tomorrow but I'm moving house this weekend!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Bantam Username, Sep 23, 2011.

1. Bantam Username

Bantam Username Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 3, 2011
    Wiltshire, UK
    My last surviving egg is meant to be going into lockdown tomorrow but I'm moving house tomorrow and Sunday! How on earth can I keep the egg in the right conditions? I have neither the time or money to be buying a portable incubator, will it be okay for half an hour while I get the incubator moved over? [​IMG]

2. lvchicken

lvchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2011
    Um, I think it will, buy I can't guarantee it. Try not to move them around too much. Good luck! [​IMG]

3. Bantam Username

Aug 3, 2011
    Wiltshire, UK
    I've just candled it and yesterday I had a healthy moving chick with large strong veins, today I seem to have a blob with faint narrow veins. Think it may have died. [​IMG]

4. lvchicken

lvchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2011
    I am so sorry. I hope you will try again soon [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Gypsy07

Gypsy07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2010
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Quote:Maybe that's just the veins shutting down as it gets ready to hatch?

6. mstricer

mstricer Overrun With Chickens

Feb 12, 2009
    Ohio
    If it is in a turner leave it there for transport. Throw blanket over it, put in back seat, drive over to new place, remove turner add water, turn on, shouldn't be a problem. You can also get some of those hand warmers to add to it. It should be fine for 30 min. Good luck and let us know how it went.
    Michele

7. Bantam Username

Aug 3, 2011
    Wiltshire, UK
    Egg didn't hatch, it stopped developing just before the move. After I was 100% sure it wasn't going to hatch, I opened it to find a very small chick and yolk inside, no apparent reason for death. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by