Lockdown tonight...PICTURE NOW, 7 chicks so far

duckluck

Dulcimyrh Ducks
10 Years
Oct 22, 2009
Illinois
Hey everyone,

Tonight I just locked down what will likely be my last batch of chicken eggs, since my focus is call ducks. The dozen Gold Comet hybrid eggs candled out with 9 looking good tonight...cracked open the remaining three and no visible chick development. The five call duck eggs I have in the bator now all show blood vessel development.
fl.gif

Two of the chicken eggs in the hatcher are ALREADY wiggling!

Question: one of the "quitters" I cracked open had what looked to be a regular yellow yolk, but with a hole in it like a doughnut...what does that mean? Don't think I have heard that mentioned yet.

Last edited:
Lock down,that is great,sounds like the chicken eggs are doing great.I will be putting 14 BLRW's eggs in Lock down on the 28th,so you got me by a day.
I do not have a clue on the egg yoke,never seen one do that before.Good Luck with hatching the Gold Comet's and the call duck eggs you just set.

7 chicks now, waiting on the last two eggs and have the brooder warming up...

43338_sample_pictures_042.jpg

Just thought some folks would like a "fuzzy-butt" fix tonight...
big_smile.png

In case anyone wonders, the chick who looks like he is doing a stretch in the slammer here is testing one of my little wire cages...testing this idea because I plan to separate my call duck eggs according to parent pairs in the hatcher once we get to that point.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom