1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login, otherwise join BYC here!

Lockdown yesterday!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by chickenman17, Feb 2, 2012.

1. chickenman17

chickenman17 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2010
    Southeast Oklahoma
    I went into lockdown yesterday with 38 developing eggs! I'm trying the egg cartons this time instead of laying the eggs down. I've seen to many an egg turned into a soccer ball. Wish me and the fuzzy butts luck! [​IMG]

2. nurse_turtle

nurse_turtle Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2011
    Foothills of NC
    Bestest of luck. I have 3 eggs in lockdown now, due Saturday or Sunday. I shall hatch with you! 2 of my eggs are from my BR/Dominique clan and the 3rd I don't remember.

3. chickenman17

chickenman17 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2010
    Southeast Oklahoma
    Bestest of luck to you too! All of my eggs are just barnyard mix, that's all I ever hatch LOL. For some reason my Hova-Bator Genesis hatches them a day early so i'll probably have some pips by tomorrow evening (day 19).

4. Lady Chickadee

Lady Chickadee Rocky Top Silkies

Apr 1, 2011
    Central Kentucky
    Good luck![​IMG] I have silkie eggs that are due to hatch on the 18th.

5. lincolnsilkies

lincolnsilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2011
    Lincoln Nebraska
    good luck to all of you!!!

6. nurse_turtle

nurse_turtle Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2011
    Foothills of NC
    My 1980-something model hovabator makes early babies too! This morning I go to have a peek at the eggs and their humidity and temp and am greeted with a chorus of chirps! One Dominique half dried and hollering and the other 2 eggs are pipped! Pictures to come!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by