emmallaub

Chirping
Jun 20, 2017
My little Call ducks are finally on lockdown.
I'm so excited, but I have to stay reasonable.

I have 5 eggs in there and I'm really impressed because their air cells were horrible but when I last checked them today, they seemed to have fixed themselves and look great!

All of them moved and squirmed at the light, and now it's just a waiting game.

I have my drill bit ready for when I need to help,
but what is realistically my hatch rate?

During incubation: 30% humidity.
Lockdown: 65%

My little Call ducks are finally on lockdown.
I'm so excited, but I have to stay reasonable.

I have 5 eggs in there and I'm really impressed because their air cells were horrible but when I last checked them today, they seemed to have fixed themselves and look great!

All of them moved and squirmed at the light, and now it's just a waiting game.

I have my drill bit ready for when I need to help,
but what is realistically my hatch rate?

During incubation: 30% humidity.
Lockdown: 65%
No way to know your hatch rate----do not know anything about your set-up, how accurate your temp has been the last 3/4 weeks? Do not know what you will be doing during this lock down/hatch, To many Variables. Good Luck!

I'll need it!
I'm already way too attached to these babes!
I wish you the best but you scared me to start with--with that "drill" LOL. I have hatched a decent amount of ducks, guinea's, turkeys, peachicks and 10,000 chicks in a little over 3 years-----never had a drill in my incubator room----LOL. Good Luck

I wish you the best but you scared me to start with--with that "drill" LOL. I have hatched a decent amount of ducks, guinea's, turkeys, peachicks and 10,000 chicks in a little over 3 years-----never had a drill in my incubator room----LOL. Good Luck

Oh, it's not an actual drill! Oh god no.
It's just the small bit in case they struggle with externally pipping like a lot of calls do. Oh my god, I'd be freaked out by a power tool too.

Oh, it's not an actual drill! Oh god no.
It's just the small bit in case they struggle with externally pipping like a lot of calls do. Oh my god, I'd be freaked out by a power tool too.
LOL, I figured so, but before you poke a hole, make sure you know what you are doing----I never poke holes, I just have everything right and let them hatch, I am a Hands Off Hatcher----I would break someones arm if they opened my incubator from lock-down-to before all the eggs that will hatch-----hatch. But I am sure you have studied. Good Luck

Back
Top Bottom