1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login, otherwise join BYC here!

lockdown

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by BlueBirdChick, Nov 15, 2010.

1. BlueBirdChick

BlueBirdChick On Vacation

Aug 13, 2010
    Absarokee, Montana
    Well today is lockdown and hopefully I will have baby fuzzybottoms on the 18th or 19th lol they're rocking now [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. guinea fowl galore

guinea fowl galore Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2009
    Australia
    wahoo, how's everything going. [​IMG]
    good luck with your hatch. [​IMG]

3. sloallie10

sloallie10 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2008
    CA
    Same her going on lockdown on wed. and hatchin on Sat. or Sun. [​IMG]

4. WestKnollAmy

WestKnollAmy The Crazy Chicken Lady Premium Member

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    I never go into lock down. I open the hatcher constantly to pull out shells and check the chicks. My hatch rate is 98% but I also live in a high humidity area. I open my Sportsman incubator every day to add water and use the Genesis 1588 as a hatcher. I am hatching about 30-60 chicks a week and have been since the first of August. Chicks are just so darned cute and lovable! I can't help it.[​IMG]

Good luck on your hatch and cuddle those babies![​IMG]

5. BlueBirdChick

Aug 13, 2010
    Absarokee, Montana
    ty yeah i must admit i did open it for a little bit to check on the eggs lol and scratced gently to hear them scratch back AWESOME one is really moving then rests for awhile I think the other two are resting as well because they'll do some serious rocking stop and then rock again.
    I was hoping to have babies this morning but I think its way to early still hehee but its day 19 lol man oh man Im getting impatient here but thats okay I have to refrain lol myself.. heheheee. is it thursday yet ???????

6. CityGirlintheCountry

CityGirlintheCountry Green Eggs and Hamlet

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    Today is day 18 for me. I just added more water and am crossing my fingers. [​IMG]

What are you hatching? I've got buff silkies and a couple of BBS ameraucanas in there. I also have a couple of hens sitting that are due this week. Why is it that they only go broody when the weather is wretched? Silly chickens...

7. BlueBirdChick

Aug 13, 2010
    Absarokee, Montana
    Quote:One is a EE and the others Im not sure what they are heheheee my friend sent me a surprise hatch [​IMG] lol I know that they have to rest lol but good grief hatching is such a torture lol I know I know I need to keep busy and keep my mind off those eggs hehehee

Last edited: Nov 16, 2010
  8. CityGirlintheCountry

CityGirlintheCountry Green Eggs and Hamlet

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    Quote:One is a EE and the others Im not sure what they are heheheee my friend sent me a surprise hatch [​IMG] lol I know that they have to rest lol but good grief hatching is such a torture lol I know I know I need to keep busy and keep my mind off those eggs hehehee

Oooooo... I love surprise hatches! It's like Christmas in there. You just never now what you'll unwrap. [​IMG]

I do okay until they actually start hatching. Then I can't stand it. I want desperately to open the bator and take them out. It makes me neurotic! Thankfully I'll be at work all day this time. Hopefully there will be a bator full of fuzzbutts when I get home on Thursday/Friday.

Post pics when yours get out. I think you are a day ahead of me. Come on, chickies! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by