Locked Out!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by deeretruck, Sep 26, 2009.

1. deeretruck

deeretruck New Egg

Aug 16, 2009
    Gates, NC
    My kids locked the chickens out this afternoon. Never happened before. I went out to close the coop door and noticed all my buffs roosted on a bench. My one black buff was missing. After my wife held the flash light and I put each one in the coop, my wife spotted Ms. Lucky D roosted on top of the run. Had a heck of a time getting to her. Now are all safe inside. Had to actually put them up on the roosts. They were so lazy. Pretty funny Amy and I out in the dark rounding up the ladies.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. ruby

ruby Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2008
    Gold Hill, Alabama
    I had three ladies that would roost in a tree. I swear they were mad at me... I had gotten some new girls. Every night we would go a pick the chickens out of the tree!

3. ThePolishPrincess

ThePolishPrincess Chillin' With My Peeps

Happened to us before. [​IMG] All the birds roosted somewhere near by. 6 on the fence, 3 nesting with the goats, 1 on the top of the run, and the rest in other random areas around home. I think everyone does it from time to time. It's good that they all know where 'home' is though.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by