1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Logging on as a different user?

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by fleenorfarmmom, Jul 16, 2008.

1. fleenorfarmmom

fleenorfarmmom Out Of The Brooder

Mar 9, 2008
    Blountville, Tn
    Is there a way to log out completely from the forum? Mom uses my computer and hers to get on the BYC forum which is no problem but when I won't to log on it will not let me.

I have deleted cache, cookies everything and it'll eventually log her out but when I click log on it logs on mom and not me.

I am posting this from her account now aka FleenorFarmMom my account is UnttouchableRose.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

2. brooster

brooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2007
    northwest Ohio
    if she is logged on just hit the log out button on the top of the page, then hit log on and enter your username and password and log on.

3. fleenorfarmmom

Mar 9, 2008
    Blountville, Tn
    I am only posting this because none of that works. [​IMG] I can click on logout all day long and it does nothing....

4. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

The only thing that keeps you logged in is your cookies. If those are cleared out completely (and your cache) then there is something odd going on local to your PC. Do you have any optimization / security programs running on that PC?

5. fleenorfarmmom

Mar 9, 2008
    Blountville, Tn
    Quote:I cleared the cookies on the main hard drive. However I was told that AOL has cookies you have to delete. I just can't find them????

I have AOL Premium Service so everything is run from AOL it has all kinds of security stuff. I don't have this problem with any other forum which is what I thought was odd. I dumped my cached today and got it logged off. When I clicked log in it automatically logged her in never gave me a chance to put my info in.

If it's any help my computer at work did the samething with everything dumped.

We must be cursed! LOL

6. kstaven

kstaven Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 26, 2007
    BC, Washington Border
    Go into your profile and the other user name and under "privacy", uncheck the remember user name and password option. That should stop the problem.

7. UnttouchableRose

UnttouchableRose Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    Blountville, TN
    I don't know what worked but finally after numerous attempts I got her logged off and me on!

Now on to why it doesn't want to load my avatar....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by