Lohman brown + Light sussex cross

VanUnamed

Songster
5 Years
Jul 26, 2018
Romania
Hello,
I was wondering something. As I cannot keep too many breeders hens, I do have 5 lohman brown (they are an egg production breed, Cross with New Hampshire reds and other brown egg laying breeds), they are very small, so I didn't plan to have them be bred to produce meat chickens, but, I don't know how much the size of the girl means, as I have a 5lb hen that her chicks grown to be 15lb roosters. I wanted to know if any of you have experience with what comes out of smaller hens. I do have both a large rooster and a Light Sussex rooster (I think it'll be more suitable as it's lighter in weight)
Thanks in advance

Lhoman Brown are about the most prolific brown egg layers in the world(along with Isa and Hyline browns), they are sex linked cross from a RIR egg production type rooster sire line and a White Rock egg production type dame line, if properly reared as pullet and with proper feeding they will lay about 300+ eggs about in a year's production time(staring from the 20 week old first egg). If you plan on producing meat out of your birds, these are not the birds to keep

Back
Top Bottom