Lohmann hen info anyone?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Cluckn Crazy, Aug 30, 2010.

1. Cluckn Crazy

Cluckn Crazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2010
    Peterborough, Ontario
    I have 6 Lomann hens arriving on Sept. 17 for my daughters and I to enjoy. I cannot find any substantial info on the breed. They are coming from a hatchery here in Ontario, and even their website is minimal. Does anyone have anything to share?

2. Koolduck

Koolduck Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2009
    Central KY
    New breed to me...interesting [​IMG] ....you guys in the Great White North have all the good things...Speckled Sussex a dime a dozen....Canadian Tire...Peak Freans in bags stacked to the ceiling in Walmart! NOT FAIR! (My dearest friend lives in Ontario [​IMG] )
    Keep us informed!

3. Vcomb

Vcomb Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2008
    South Dakota
    My Coop
    http://gertsfarm.com/hybridhens.aspx

based
    on this photo I would say if you do a search for info on Red Stars, Cinnamon Queens, and Golden Comets it will give you a lot more info to go off of. They are all variations on the same egg laying hybrid theme.

4. Cluckn Crazy

Cluckn Crazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2010
    Peterborough, Ontario
    I was a little worried I had order emotionless, egg laying machines. Anyway, I suppose there is no such thing. Thanks for the posts... can't wait for them to arrive.

5. Doug the Chicken Man

Doug the Chicken Man Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2009
    Near Ottawa, Ontario
    Here is a link to a post that was put up in April about the lohman Browns

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=331183

I currently have 3 of them left. we started out with them and white leghorns as I could get them at the feed store. We then moved on to other breeds.

There is also a Ontario Poultry Swap board that may have more info for us Ontarians

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by