LOL! gave the chicks a bath...

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by sdshoars, Jun 23, 2008.

1. sdshoars

sdshoars Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2008
    Texas
    i have two white chicks, they are about 7 weeks old, and the have become progressively filthy each day. we just cuold not figure out what was making them so dirty! it was like grease on their backs... so yesterday i go outside, and the little buggers come running out from underneath my car! aha! they were getting grease on them from the underside of my car. so i decided to bathe them today. nothing worked to get the grease off... until i tried dawn (its what they use to wash birds after an oil spill) and they are spotless. it was their first bath, so needless to day they didnt really enjoy it. but they were a million times better than i expected. and then i busted out the blow dryer, thinking all hell would break loose, but no... they cuddled up to the thing. i guess warm air when you are soaking wet is fine by any creature! they are too cute. it made me lol because they gave me a disappointed look when i shut it off. so now they are in a cat crate in the back room, just too make sure they are good and dry before they go back out. and now i guess i have to move my car, dangit. or bathe them every week, which i am sure they would just looooove![​IMG]

2. utahmethodist

utahmethodist Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2008
    SLC, UT
    [​IMG]

3. Reece Farms

Reece Farms Out Of The Brooder

Jun 2, 2008
    Ruffs Dale PA
    [​IMG]

4. flakey chick

flakey chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2007
    Florida
    FYI cold wet guinea pigs do not love hair dryers.

5. Aneesa's Muse

Aneesa's Muse Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    ^^My cavies hate the water much more than the drying [​IMG]

I've been thinking of how to keep my two chickens clean ..they're white and they have fully feathered feet... it's a mess!! Neither of them like water, though..

...would offering a dust bath work? They are inside chickens, mostly! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by