LOL - How many roosters does it take? (PICS)

WindyOaksYokes

Songster
12 Years
Jul 17, 2007
Central Virginia
This has got to beat them all
gig.gif
I went outside on my normal check of the chickens a few minutes ago. Looked over towards the coop and saw my RIR - Big Bird in the coop up at the nest boxes... I was dumb founded because this is not normal for him. Luckily I had the camera in my hand.. because as I got closer I saw a site I thought I would never see!!!!!!!!! There was Big Bird, a RIR hen, and two of my silver laced polish rooster... with a BO hen in another box. I just stood there in amazement... the roo's were all coaching the BO hen... doing that "clicking" noise talking to her! Well you can see for yourself by the pictures... How sweet of all of the to give her support LOL... the RIR hen is now in a nest... gonna have to go back out and check on her in a bit...
Howmany3.jpg

Howmany4.jpg

Howmany2.jpg

BO-2.jpg

BO-1.jpg

Interesting... I would not have thought the BO to be laying yet, since her comb is not all that big nor that red. hmmm... But she still made momma very happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
big_smile.png

Wow! How old is the BuffOrp? I have some redder than her (mine are 19 weeks) and I'm starting to get egg-cited...
I guess it must have been all that great coachin'! I think if I had three men cooing at me all at once I might lay an egg too! LOL! -Lynn

gig.gif
they will all be 21 weeks tomorrow. My first BO rosebud starting laying at 19 weeks (if I remember correctly) and her comb is huge and deep red! Look under egglaying "Rosebud" there is a pic there of her... Don't ask me what I am doing different.. I just go collect eggs LOL and once in a while lucky enough to catch thing like this
big_smile.png

Oppps hear that sound LOL... have to go see if the RIR layed her egg LOL

Last edited:
Yeppers... pretty egg too... for some reason the color did not turn out that good... I really have got to get a new camera!!!
barnie.gif
RIRegg-1.jpg

Still nice and big and pretty though!!!
big_smile.png

Rosebud is way bigger than mine. None of mine have a comb her size. I do have some with redder and larger comb and waddles than the Buff in the picture above. Guess it'll just happen when it happens. I really think my red stars will lay first.
I'm really getting anxious I suppose. I've tried to forget about the egg laying time since they were little chicks. I was just thinking yesterday that I was glad I didn't have to wait nine months!

LOL, yah Rosebud is not your norm... and now her comb is starting to lay over... I am wondering if she is the one laying the "HUGE" double yokers now, or if it is one of the BR's that she shares the nest with.
idunno.gif

LOL when they turned 16 weeks I had a talk with mine LOL and searched everywhere... I got my first one at exactly 17 weeks by my BR momma hen... so now at 21 weeks I have to search 5 of 40 acres at least 5 times a day to find eggs LOL... oh well, worth it...

Good luck on your babies layin... I know from experiance it is eggciting!!!!!!!!!

I was just thinking yesterday that I was glad I didn't have to wait nine months!

No kidding... My DH would certainly go mad LOL... he started threatening mine because they were not laying fast enough... LOL... patients baby, patients
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom