LOL @ MY PM's

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by greyfields, Feb 18, 2008.

1. greyfields

greyfields Overrun With Chickens

Mar 15, 2007
    Washington State
    Ok, just realized today I get personal messages here. I have a lot of catching up to do. I didn't mean to blow anyone off.

And as always, you can e-mail me and I'll respond as I have time.

2. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    How do we email you?

3. Buster

Buster Back to Work

Good deal greyfields- I thought I had bothered you! [​IMG]

4. greyfields

greyfields Overrun With Chickens

Mar 15, 2007
    Washington State
    For everyone keeping track, I had no eggs candle positive from my last cross breeding experiment. I'm rather glad, because as soon as I put the hens in the breeding pens they pretty much stopped laying. I didn't want to set the incubator with too few eggs.

But, now, we have some sunshine and the grass has began to grow. I'm getting over 2 dozen eggs a day. I have set up a new breeding pen (in a meat chicken tratcor) and hooked it all up to my light timer. So the hens will get light and should continue to lay.

I'll be putting in the Cornish rooster along with my two Freedom Rangers (Gourmet Blacks) and two Black Sex Links. I'll set probably 6 eggs from each cross to check the results. I'll then move out those hens and try my Sussex and Barred Rocks again and try to track the results better.

Also, I currently have 16 goose eggs set in my incubator along with 10 duck eggs. I'm getting about 6 goose eggs a day (Embden, Pilgrim and Roman Tufted) so I'll set another batch this weekend. I need to find where the ducks are hiding their eggs, though. I was able to lure the geese to lay in certain nests using fake eggs. But so far, no luck doing the same with the ducks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by