LOL...Submission Hold(Katharina)

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by FunnyBunnies12, Nov 22, 2010.

1. FunnyBunnies12

FunnyBunnies12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Well Katharina, I tried your submission hold on my drake when he tried going after me and biting me while I was unlocking their door and picking up Oreo, and he attempted 3X, and each time I put him in the hold a bit longer, and now he is like "WHOA, I better not mess with her any more!" He was looking at me like, "I can't believe you did that to me, I thought you loved me!" LOL, so until he truly catches on and knows who is the head peck of this pecking order, I will continue to do it.

2. katharinad

katharinad Overrun with chickens

You are alpha duck now. [​IMG]
    Molesting the poor little boy, not wonder that he now respects you. [​IMG]
    Just kidding. Told you to do it the duck way, because he is getting it. This still doesn't mean that he will be nice with others in your family. They may have to do the same thing to him. The good thing is that this does not hurt. Well perhaps his bad ego. [​IMG]

3. FunnyBunnies12

Oh Im sure he will push me and fight me for his role. But, I'm bigger and I can push harder. LOL, I kept telling him "Ming I love you, but you just have to stop!" My youngest saw me doing that and said "Mom you're hurting him!' I said "No, I'm telling him he needs to stop his bad behavior someone on my duck board told me to do this to get him to stop being mean." Then he was fine with it. The 3rd time I put him in the hold, he did fight me but I held him there until he stopped and then he went running to his lady quacking and looking at me with disgust because I showed him up in front of his lady! I just went out on our deck where he has been the nastiest and he just followed me like a good boy, he did want to attempt it, and as soon as the bill hit my hand I said don't, he didn't nip hard this time, and when he touched again I put him in the hold shortly. He also hasn't mounted my female since I started doing that so far, seems like anytime anyone went outside by him he ran to her and mounted her, blind sided her and she just cried and he would hold on longer as if he is telling her "I'm the man, you OBEY me!" Well, gave him a taste of his own medicine and now he's not so dominant with the girl. She is happier so far also, when she sees me doing that, LOL it's almost like I see in her eyes she is laughing at him and smiling at me saying "You go girl!"[​IMG]

4. duckking

duckking Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2010
    Cascade Foothills, WA
    You have to watch out for Katharina's advice. She once told me to hang my ducks upside down to sex them.......[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Kidding..... [​IMG]

5. FunnyBunnies12

You have to watch out for Katharina's advice. She once told me to hang my ducks upside down to sex them.......

Kidding.....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[​IMG] I can image that! [​IMG]

6. katharinad

katharinad Overrun with chickens

Quote:Well that happens to a duck that does not want to quack, or tell what sex it is. [​IMG]
    Now "to hang" still sounds to much for me. [​IMG] And yes I know you are kidding and are trying to pull my feathers. [​IMG] Flipping it over and hold it in a way that the head is down sounds so much better. And it does work too. You just have to get them out of their comfort zone.
    Now mounting your duck as another story. [​IMG]
    Well it works too. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by