LOL theyre called chickens for a reason ;O)

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Justino, Aug 2, 2008.

1. Justino

Justino ♪♫ Rockin' Rooster ♪♫

Dec 21, 2007
    KY
    lol my chickens saw a gopher for the first time tonight....i thought they would eat it but nope, they were terrified of it! LOL

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2008
  2. Emzyyy

Emzyyy Runs with Deer

Jul 14, 2008
    Derby Kansas
    Poor gopher u could of relocated it couldn't u? or would it come back?

3. Justino

Dec 21, 2007
    KY
    Quote:it would come back...

4. VetsJetsnGuns

VetsJetsnGuns Out Of The Brooder

Jul 15, 2008
    Wisconsin
    what did you use? I've got a .17 hmr leaning up agains the back door. No lie- I can put 3 out of 5 shots in a quarter at 50 yards. Most accurate thing I own.

5. Justino

Dec 21, 2007
    KY
    i used an old pellet pistol [​IMG]

6. VetsJetsnGuns

VetsJetsnGuns Out Of The Brooder

Jul 15, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Mine were half-heartedly chasing a squirrel today; I think they were after the corn cob he was carrying

7. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I have some really ridiculous kitty slippers that are hot pink with big ole whiskers sticking out and they all run from those too.

8. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

Mine got hold of a mouse for the first time Wednesday. I'd heard other people talk about it, but this was the first time I'd seen them in action firsthand. It was so strange -- the one who caught the mouse ran ALL over the yard with it just dangling from its beak with all the rest in hot pursuit. It was [​IMG] [​IMG] , but at the same time [​IMG] ewwww.... another day, another adventure in ChickenLand [​IMG]

9. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:Ditto for the giant grasshopper that was unfortunate enough to land in the coop. It looked like the Indy 500!!!!

10. lovemychix

lovemychix Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 14, 2008
    Moulton Iowa
    I like when it rains and the worms start to come out of the ground....talk about some real entertainment!!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by