Lol!!!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Rainstorm, Dec 24, 2009.

1. Rainstorm

Rainstorm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    Lake Placid FLorida
    Just had to share this.

Out of 24 Duck eggs only 1 hatched, and he would have died if I didnt help him, He was chirping at all untill I opened his shell some, he was the 6-8th one that was had pipped the aircell. all before him died so I took that chance and helped him. Thanks to bad temp probs he's alone and I dont have any his size to keep with him. But anyway, he's 4 days old now, and is SPOILED ROTTEN. when he wants to be picked up he'll sit by the side of the box and just squealllll'ish quack. and of course. he gets his way LOL I've been having to refill his water dish more often now and appearently his food tastes better after you mash it with your feet and mix water in it off the bottom of his box, Thought he was finally figuring out he was a duck. Well today I was gonna clean his box, I put some water in the sink just deep enough that it mightttt barely touch the fuzz on his underbottom. Sat him in the sink, He looks up at me, Looks down at the water, AND STARTS JUMPING UP AND DOWN TRYIN TO GET OUT AND LETTING OFF THIS LOUDDDDDD SQUEALING SOUND I mean he litterally sounded like one of those frogs that are getting eaten by a snake, or like someone was trying to kill him LOL needless to say he didnt take a bath.

BEWARE KILLER WATER !

2. Cindiloohoo

Cindiloohoo Quiet as a Church Mouse

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    [​IMG]

3. duck walk

duck walk Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2009
    white springs, fl
    that is too funny...my avatar is my singleton gosling in the sink...he actually enjoyed his dips...I hooked up with Chickenzoo and bought three baby ducks to keep him company...he still thinks he is a duck and has not integrated with the other geese...good luck with your duckling...they are the cutest things on earth...[​IMG]

4. lngrid

lngrid Chillin' With My Peeps

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, but fears water
    IT'S A CHICKEN!!!
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by