Lolol them darn chickens. What now

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by kbky1973, May 17, 2016.

1. kbky1973

kbky1973 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 8, 2016
    I have seen every thing now!! My dear chickens, get every bite of food they need. Best feeds, cracked corn, green leaves, cabbages, worms, free run. I've been noticing , my outside dog had started eating more and more dry dog food. He has a big bowl constantly filled up. Small kibbles, very good and high priced feed. Well just happened to walk around the wall. Yes . The chickens were eating away from his bowl with him watching lolol. He looks at me like make them stop. Lol Guess chickens might start barking , instead of
    Clucking
    Will this hurt the chickens? I've got to put this some where else so pup can eat in piece. Lol

2. Bantambird

Bantambird Overrun With Chickens

Feb 6, 2013
    Montana
    Shouldn't hurt em. Chickens are omnivores, and as long as their basic needs are met a little extra treat shouldn't hurt

3. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    My birds used to eat a lot of dog food [​IMG].

We free-fed the dog in a large tote, just dumped in half a bag of food at a time. One memorable hen decided the feeder was the perfect place to go broody [​IMG]. Poor dog didn't know what to do, every time he tried to go eat she'd fluff up and peck at him. I had to move her and it broke her being broody......but the dog didn't starve, so I guess it was okay.

4. azygous

azygous Chicken Obsessed

Dec 11, 2009
    Colorado Rockies
    [​IMG]

5. abqferreira

abqferreira Out Of The Brooder

Jun 14, 2010
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    That's hilarious! Those mama hens are resourceful!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by