Lone baby pheasant

WhoDatChick

Eggstatic Fanatic!
Premium Feather Member
5 Years
Sep 6, 2018
Nawlins, Louisiana
Hi! Can anyone tell me if a baby pheasant can live with baby chicks and then grow up to live with chickens?

The feed store had one baby left all by itself šŸ˜­ so naturally I couldnā€™t leave it there in that wire cage all alone! So then headed to a different feed store to purchase it some ā€œsiblingsā€ (baby chicks)!
Thank youā˜ŗļø

I don't know much about pheasants but I know they aren't the kind of bird you can free range, they'll just take off. Also, I don't think baby chicks would be a good substitute for other pheasant chicks. Have you done any research? Do you have the means for caring for a bird that has different needs than chickens?

It's not a good idea to raise pheasants and chickens together! Chickens carry diseases that they can tolerate but will kill a pheasant in quick chilly minute!

You can raise a lone pheasant but it really isn't recommended, if you spend a lot of time with it, it will imprint on you! but you will still not be able to 'free range' it like you can chickens.

I don't know much about pheasants but I know they aren't the kind of bird you can free range, they'll just take off. Also, I don't think baby chicks would be a good substitute for other pheasant chicks. Have you done any research? Do you have the means for caring for a bird that has different needs than chickens?
Well, I have it with two chicks. They are doing fine together. Iā€™m fine if it eventually flies awayšŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø
I may post on FB if anyone is interested.
Thank you!

It's not a good idea to raise pheasants and chickens together! Chickens carry diseases that they can tolerate but will kill a pheasant in quick chilly minute!

You can raise a lone pheasant but it really isn't recommended, if you spend a lot of time with it, it will imprint on you! but you will still not be able to 'free range' it like you can chickens.
Okay, thank you very much for your reply. I may ask around and see if anyone is interestedā€¦.

Back
Top Bottom