Lone chick

Mons217

Hatching
Mar 15, 2022
Hello! So first of all it should be known that I am posting on the behalf of a friend.

She has had only one quail chick hatch out of the entire batch and we are worried about it being too alone. I read on another post to put stuffed animals with it but im looking for what else we can do.

We have been calling farmers markets and none of them have quail, just chickens. Happy to buy more live chick's to live with this one we are just having trouble finding any. We are located in Annapolis Maryland if anyone knows somewhere within a two hour drive.

She already has a new batch but they won't be hatching for at least 3 weeks.

Thanks in advance!!!

She will be just fine.
I have been raising a single quail hen by herself for months now...on purpose...just to see how 'sad' she would be.

She is/has been doing just fine all by herself laying daily.

You could try a mirror. They do prefer to have company, but they don't die of loneliness in just a few weeks. Pay lots of attention to the chick, give it treats by hand, and that also may help.

I raised a lone button quail chick for 6 weeks -- he spent hours with me daily and thought I was his mama. He's the best little bird ever - not afraid of people and is always chill. Just spend lots of time

I had a lonely button quail chick and ended up putting them in my bra after getting tired of running to the brooder every time they started crying

Back
Top Bottom