Lone Duckling- Southeast Michigan

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by samuelsonfarm, Oct 26, 2014.

1. samuelsonfarm

samuelsonfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2013
    Well, our late hatch was a miserable failure. Only 2 of 17 hatched, and one was llame and died about 24hrs after hatching. Now I've got one adorable lone duck. I'm praying that on a whim someone nearby has some newly hatched ducklings and would be willing to sell even just one of them! I am so sad for our poor little guy who is all alone. If you or someone you know lives anywhere near southeast Michigan and has just hatched ducklings within a week (or anticipating a hatch) please let me know....I'm in quite a pickle! Also, any tips to keep this little guy happy? He seems a bit stressed unless we are right next to him 24/7. Thanks!

2. Pyxis

Pyxis Dark Sider Premium Member

Mar 27, 2012
    Vermont
    My Coop
    Poor little guy! Until you can find him a friend I would give him a stuffed animal or a feather duster to hide under. You could also give him a mirror. As a last resort, if you can't find any ducklings locally, I believe Ideal is shipping them this week if you wanted to order some. You'd have to do it by Wednesday though because that's when they ship.

3. 3Ducks

3Ducks Out Of The Brooder

Aug 29, 2012
    I have 6 baby ducks that are 1 month old..they are Muskovie

4. 3Ducks

Aug 29, 2012
    I gave 6 muskovies 1 month old...like I said I can keep your duck until spring until you get situated..and if you want you can have my other 6 ? I have 40 ft pen 6 ft high built like fort knox..lol. and it is attached to a large shed with pine shavings..they are watered twice a day..and I have a heater for winter for them..and they free range for about 6 hours in day .

5. 3Ducks

Aug 29, 2012

6. 3Ducks

Aug 29, 2012
    [​IMG]
    700[/IMG]

7. Rachele anne

Rachele anne Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 30, 2014
    If I were u I would try some feed stores they carry ducklings where I am

8. samuelsonfarm

samuelsonfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2013
    Thank you all for our replies! Those baby scovies are adorable! I ended up ordering 5 ducklings from ideal hatchery. I was shocked to find 10 male chicks in th box and 2 dead ducklings in the box :( What on earth am I going to do with 10 roosters? I feel likk every turn there's a new problem....at least our lone duck is not lonely any more :) ideal is supposed to be sending replacement ducks....but I don't want 10 more chicks!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by