Lone hen won’t come out of egg box

bumblerumble20

Chirping
May 22, 2020
Hi there, I have a small flock of blue fauvanacas that are about 6 years old. One hen is very aggressive and was terrorizing one hen to the point where she would lay on it and not let it eat. It almost died because she would peck it and bully it so badly. I posted here and one thing that was recommended was to isolate the bully away from the rest of the flock. I have done that and the flock is happy and they get along well and the bullied chicken is thriving. I tried to reintroduce the bully with no luck..after a short time she was back to her old bullying tactics. I isolated the bully again and now she has been away from the flock for about 2 months. The last week she won’t come out of her egg box, is not laying eggs. She is eating and drinking minimally. She is very angry when I try to take her out of the egg box and screams and puffs herself up and pecks. Could this just be that she is broody or is she depressed from the isolation? I was going to try to reintroduce her back to the flock today by letting her near their coop but she came out for a bit to bathe on the dirt, drink and then went back to the egg box. Any input would be appreciated. Thank you!

I searched for your fauvanaca and the only 2 results both came back to you. Which 2 chickens exactly did you put together to come up with these?

Back
Top Bottom