lone male missing his girls

btrbeana

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jul 12, 2013
Paris, Texas
My girls all passed recently. Now, the male just circles the house and sits at the front door. He doesnt hang with the hens and doesn't go out to forrage in our pasture and woods like before. i feel so sorry for him. Its too late for me to bring any females... i dont know what to do with this poor lonely guy.

I cant find any. Plus its super hot and i dont want to confine them to "home" for 2 weeks in the heat. Then theres introductions which i have completely screwed up...reason all the girls are gone. im feeling too incopentant to introduce new girls. My guineas and hens all live together right now in the north coop and run where its cooler. What happens if new ladies come and they fight. I love my little man aand hefollows me around cooing and looking in all the windows. he is lonely.

You will have to give him to someone that will take the time to introduce him slowly to new mates or do it yourself. Try craigslist for guineas. That is where I advertise.

I had the same thing happen about a year ago to my male guinea. I went to a garage sale, bought him a cheap mirror, propped it up by one of his favorite hang-outs near the chicken coop and Voila! Happy guinea! At least temporarily! He hangs out with his "girlfriend" every day, talks to her, protects her, and sometimes, tries to sleep outside with her when she won't go into the coop with him. I tried putting another mirror in the chicken coop for him, but he wasn't having it.
idunno.gif

Anyway, it eased my guinea's sad time and I hope it helps with your guy!!

Back
Top Bottom