Lonely Chick HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Quail' started by BobwhiteQuailLover, Dec 14, 2010.

1. BobwhiteQuailLover

BobwhiteQuailLover Country Girl[IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.

Sep 25, 2010
    Wisconsin
    So, ONE chick hatched today (set it a while ago), ANYWAYS how can I keep him company, since we don't have any other chicks?
    I have had a few that got attached to me BUT I couldn't see them as much because of school.

PLEASE HELP!!!

2. ChooksChick

ChooksChick BeakHouse's Mad Chicken Scientist

Aug 17, 2008
    Larry, KS
    My Coop
    Put up a wanted post with your location in the title of it so someone nearby can give you a chick. Put a small stuffed animal and mirror in with it for now.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2010
  3. BobwhiteQuailLover

BobwhiteQuailLover Country Girl[IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.

Sep 25, 2010
    Wisconsin
    OK, but I am sure no one has any chicks now.. [​IMG]

4. colowyo0809

colowyo0809 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2010
    Dacono, CO
    Ha! We had two eggs out of 23 hatch on sunday, and only one button quail is still alive at this point. Your not the only one with babies this time of year, or with a single [​IMG] *sigh* lets hope the chickens hatch out this week so they have company [​IMG]

5. sartac

sartac New Egg

Dec 14, 2010
    I have had that happen to me before. I have put a tiny teddy bear or something alittle furry in with it. It seems to think it's another bird. Nuzzles up to it. Try it. It surely won't hurt.

6. Robo

Robo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2010
    Knoxville,TN
    Quote:I don't reccomend putting him with chickens unless you want sick birds. As for the single chick problem you could go to a nearby hatchery and buy any extras that they have.

7. JJMR794

JJMR794 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    If Its A Bob Chick It Will Be Fine Alone

8. Robo

Robo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2010
    Knoxville,TN
    You could try putting it with one a little older and see if that works. I did this with some coturnix that hatched 6 days apart.

9. chicknduck

chicknduck Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2010
    Ohio
    Good luck. Post where you are and what you need in the wanted section. I am going thru the same exact thing right now. I also have a mirror and a stuffed animal that seems to be working for now.

10. JJMR794

JJMR794 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    And Since You're "tame Crazy" Here's Your Chance Kid! A Solitary Chick... You Can Rub Him And Love Him And Pet Him And Call Him George! [​IMG]

Seriously Tho If Ever 1 Was A Good Chance To Tame This Is It! Handle It Everyday And Fool With It Alot... If A Bob Will Tame Your Looking At Best Case Scenario Right Here [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by