Lonely chick

Since you have other chickens she should be ok once she's integrated in with them, although a solo integration is tougher for sure. But at least she'll have a flock.

No she won't die of loneliness but a mirror or stuffed animal can give her a sense of companionship for now. Not sure what your integration plans were, but might want to consider integrating earlier rather than later so she'll have companions and can pick up chicken behaviors from the others.

Since you have other chickens she should be ok once she's integrated in with them, although a solo integration is tougher for sure. But at least she'll have a flock.

No she won't die of loneliness but a mirror or stuffed animal can give her a sense of companionship for now. Not sure what your integration plans were, but might want to consider integrating earlier rather than later so she'll have companions and can pick up chicken behaviors from the others.
She’s in a see no touch in the coop and once she got bigger we were going to just let her in with the others. But right now those plans might change considering the one died

She’s in a see no touch in the coop and once she got bigger we were going to just let her in with the others. But right now those plans might change considering the one died
In my experience, if there is a large difference in ages, the solo bird may not fit in. I really think it's best to get another bird if you can.

So do you know why the chick died? Didn't pick up on that at first, but this could be an issue. However, these chicks weren't actually in isolation, so may not matter...
mary
No i’m not sure. I let the chicks out from their “coop” and one (the one who died) went into the run. We were outside so i didn’t see a problem with it. Turned my back for 5 minutes while in the garage and heard a big squawk from the run. I ran out and the chick was laying in the corner. I picked it up and it was bleeding. I gave it to my boyfriend because i started crying because it was my fault i let them out

Back
Top Bottom