Lonely chick?

babiibooboo

In the Brooder
Apr 25, 2015
Ohio
I only have one silkie chick. She seems to be okay but I let her run around my house every once in a while. If I don't then she cries. I think she is lonely? Any suggestions?

One chick isn't a good idea. My only suggestion is to get another couple chicks (at least 2 more around her age) because 1) they'll keep her warm and 2) they'll keep her company.

Chickens need flockmates. Your chick is no exception. Then he/she will not feel isolated.

How did you come by this one chick? Is it possible to beg for one or two more? Really, your chick needs these others for its well being. It may not thrive if left alone.

How did you come by this one chick? Is it possible to beg for one or two more? Really, your chick needs these others for its well being. It may not thrive if left alone.

Well I had 6 but this one had a cysist .The other chicks were bullying it. So took her away from them... She was doing fine so I sold the other 5 because I wasn't planning on keeping any just raising them... Then I fell in love with her and can't give her up. Her face is clear so I'm trying to find her a friend but so far no luck.

Order some online. Meyer Hatchery has some breeds available to be shipped out this week and a minimum of 3 chicks can be ordered. Make sure you have a coop being built or ordered if you plan on keeping her. If not, find her a new home..she'll be happier with play mates and indoor chickens can be very messy.

Here's the link to Meyer's Hatchery Availble Now Breeds: https://www.meyerhatchery.com/available_now.a5w

Back
Top Bottom