Lonely duck

Silkiechicken66

Songster
6 Years
Jul 22, 2016
Hello! I’ve got 4 ducks, 2 magpies and 2 Muscovys. The female Muscovy seems to be the outcast of the group, always being pushed away and ignored by the others. She seems to be getting depressed.

I’ve tried having the other birds with her but they are terrified, as she’s huge comparing to them. She wants so bad to be friends with someone, she’s even started trying to hang out with my little dogs.

Does anyone know what I can do?

What sexes are they? maybe separate the drakes from the females and see if the females will bond with her.

There’s a male and female of each. I’ve tried just putting her with Bonnie(female magpie) But Bonnie just snaps at her and bullies her.

And the Muscovy drake doesn't like her? who does he hang out with? Maybe separate into 2 pens each breed. I'd also consider getting more females drakes can be extremely hard on a single female once breeding season get under way.

And the Muscovy drake doesn't like her? who does he hang out with? Maybe separate into 2 pens each breed. I'd also consider getting more females drakes can be extremely hard on a single female once breeding season get under way.

He tolerates her, but doesn’t want much to do with her. Basically the magpies and male Muscovy are all a gang, and bully her. I’ll look into getting another female, that may help.

Back
Top Bottom