Lonely hen, pesters my gardening chores.

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by 25bengood2me, Nov 2, 2009.

1. 25bengood2me

25bengood2me Out Of The Brooder

May 23, 2009
    Ohio ~ Mid-Ohio Valley
    [​IMG]I have a 5-month old hen - I THINK she's a hen. I got her as a day-old hatchling last of June'09. There were 6 of them. a fox must have gotten them all - but this one. I was given a red rooster from a friend -of -a friend. Tuesday night/morning wednesday my red roo is gone! the hen was crying, woke me up. She won't go in that chicken pen for nothing! she roosts in a tree above the pen.
    I

Now my chick-a-hen is following me around like a puppy while I'm outside. she stays 2 inches from my hip. I'd show you her picture,BUT I'm Not having luck posting pictures. I'd like to get another chicken or roo to keep her company This chick-a-hen is a BRAT! she won't calm down inside the pen, beats her face on the chicken wire & cackles like she's being attacked. she was good, with that new red roo. She'd spend the nights in there with him- being herded in there every day, not going in by choice. With winter fast aproaching, should I try one more chicken or roo~to calm this "wild" little bird?

2. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    [​IMG]
    Quote:She needs some friends.

3. momofdrew

momofdrew Chillin' With My Peeps

she needs more than one friend...[​IMG]

4. suburbanminifarm

suburbanminifarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2009
    N.San Diego County
    She probably is traumatized by the carnage she has witnessed. I don't blame her at all. Just be patient with her little emotional problems untill you can get her a couple of girl friends, and maybe the memories will fade. Good luck.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by