Lonely Male brown Chinese Goose in Florida

Mymzee

Hatching
5 Years
Jul 26, 2014
Hello everyone...

I recently went to visit family near Ft. Walton Beach, FL and found that on the bayou where they live, there is a lonely Chinese goose. He seems to be a male (large bump). He cries all day and apparently he had a mate, but the mate has been gone for a long time now. He is not able to make friends with any of the other birds or ducks and has effectively ran them all off. He seems to want human interaction, but ends up attacking everyone. I was there for 3 days and he latched on to me. He allowed me to pet him and carry him and did not allow anyone else to get near me. He would cry when he would see me or when I would leave, but calm down if I just sat on the beach with him. My concern is that he is anxiously looking for company and can't find the right fit.
He has a great location as he has full access to the homes and beaches on the bayou and some people even feed him so I don't know that removing him would from here to a lake say, would be the right thing or maybe he just needs to be paired up with another lonely goose

I do not have any experience with this subject so I'm praying that someone can offer some help. Thank you so much.

Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.
Wow!
ep.gif
That's a lovely goose!

Feel free to ask about it here
https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/47/geese

Glad you joined!!

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

X2!! He is just gorgeous!! Definitely stop by our Geese section for more help with him. Mountain Peeps has left you with the link to that section.

Great to have you aboard and welcome to our flock!

Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! Beautiful bird, X3 on the Geese forum Mountain Peeps linked for you.

You are a very kind hearted person, I know that would upset me too. The goose people will give you the best advice. I'm wondering if you got him a new female, if he would run her off too. I hope this scenario has a happy ending.

Last edited:
Thanks you so much.. Yes I hope someone in the area contacts me too.. If I lived there that is the first thing I would do.. go buy a female and introduce them. My sister in law just informed me that someone pepper sprayed that sweet goose. I'm so heart sick to know that people would treat him this way. Thanks again for your kind words.

Welcome to BYC! Glad you decided to join our flock. I'm glad you are a caring person. I'm a chicken person and don't know much about geese, but I'm sure some of our experts in our geese section can help you. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your goose.

Back
Top Bottom