lonely rabbit

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by ih66series, Jun 5, 2011.

1. ih66series

ih66series Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2011
    Altoona, PA
    Last august my brother got a female dutch and a male mini-lop. They lived in seperate cages beside each other until about a month ago when his mini-lop got a hutch to be outside. Now when he holds and pets him he kicks and bites. He dosen't want to spay or neuter them. Could this be from seperating them? What can he do to make him nicer and happier?

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

To be honest with you, I won't tolerate that behavior in a rabbit. He can try putting back next to each other again, but once they start that, it's freezer camp.

3. MiniatureCochin

MiniatureCochin Out Of The Brooder

May 30, 2011
    Some Buck rabbits can be pretty nasty. I think it's just the way they are. Some rabbits are SUPER territorial, and will threaten to take your hand off if you invade their territory. [​IMG]
    My female rabbit growls & charges people whenever she feels like it (which is how she earned the name ''Grumpy'')

hope this helps,

miniatureCochin

4. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Wow. I would not accept that kind of behavior from my bunnies. Then again, mine are show buns, so they BETTER be nice.

5. Connorrm

Connorrm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2011
    Capital District, NY
    Rabbits are solitary creatures by nature. So, I would guess that this buck is more adult developed now. If it's a mini lop (5-7 pounds) they are quite scratchy.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by