lonely rooster

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by two j farm, May 27, 2016.

1. two j farm

two j farm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2016
    Louisiana
    My Coop
    I have a ancona rooster that got injury by another rooster so I took him out now that he is better he just runs the yard but he keeps walking around the outside of the pen he was in he acts like he wants back in. I know if I put him back the other rooster will jump on him. I'm just worried he my be lonely [​IMG] he runs around with the dogs when he isn't trying to get back in the pen. Any advice?

Last edited: May 27, 2016
  2. TheTwoRoos

TheTwoRoos Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2015
    Either get rid of him,or get rid of the other one,I'd say get rid of the most aggressive one (the one jumping the other one.)

Two ways you can get rid of him.Cull em',or give em away.

3. two j farm

two j farm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2016
    Louisiana
    My Coop
    Thanks but I'm really like both of them I may just get him he's on hens.

4. TheTwoRoos

TheTwoRoos Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2015
    Yes,that's an option too.

5. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

Depending on size of your coop (and run), you might be able to partition off a section of the run and shelter for him with wire (you'd have to cut him his own pop door though). I have a father/son pair that will fight hard, so that's what I ended up having to do in my serama coop. Thankfully the housing and run were large enough to make the task fairly simple and still have adequate space in each section. They each have a few girls (mine are mild mannered breeds, and are easy on their girls, so it works just having 3-4 girls each), and seem pretty content...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by