Lonesome minorcan

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by stephen k, Jan 8, 2014.

1. stephen k

stephen k Out Of The Brooder

Dec 21, 2013
    Ireland
    Hey guys.me an my gf have a minorcan and it hasn't settled at all in the 3 months we hav had it.it fights with every hen (they dnt bother with it) an when they roam the garden it won't go out of the coop.its stopped eatin.the only exercise it gets it leavin the coop and goin bk in again!if we go near it it goes mad!any suggestions are very welcome [​IMG]

2. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    [​IMG] to BYC!

It might be time for the stew pot for this bird. Some birds just never do get along with others and you can't change their personalities.

Great to have you aboard and enjoy BYC!

3. fintuckyfarms

fintuckyfarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 31, 2013
    Finley WA
    Mine is also a little stand off'ish. First one to roost and last one out. She gets picked on by the bar rocks but has made friends with a lavender Orpington. She does not like the cold!

4. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! They can be a temperamental breed, but if she is not eating, and won't go out of the coop, sounds like she is ill. You might want to examine her closely and post on the Emergencies forum about her.

5. liz9910

liz9910 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2012
    Northern California
    Welcome to BYC! x2 on Kelsie's advice, good luck to you.

6. stephen k

Dec 21, 2013
    Ireland
    When I feed my other 13 hens they eat no prob but this 1 just picks thru an doesn't make friends at all.its a lovely hen but it causes a lot of bother.thanks for all your help!this is the best app ever [​IMG]

7. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Welcome to BYC. Minorcas can be flighty. If she has survived for three months she is eating enough.

8. stephen k

Dec 21, 2013
    Ireland
    It's flighty but by now I thot it would of taken to the other hens now and us.we look after our hens well and are good to them.the hen is awful hard work but we wouldn't want any harm to come of it!

9. Bluebee

Bluebee Overrun With Chickens

Jul 30, 2012
    Cali
    Welcome to BYC! Glad you joined us. x3 on Kelsie's advice.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by