Lonesome silkie

DoraLeShea

Chirping
May 1, 2018
Hi all,
We had two 12 week old silkie pullets who were sisters and very close. Unfortunately this afternoon one died there are no other silkies in our small flock, which is 2 leghorns and an Isa Brown. The silKie just sits there on its own and the others ignore it is the only way around this to try to get another silkie or will it adapt to being on its own and the others might eventually integrate with it? I have looked in our area and there’s not really any silkies around currently to purchase so I’m worried it might be a while...

This happened to my girls. I had two marans that had been raised together, just the two of them. They were inseperable. Unfortunately, one of them (the one in my profile pic) was carried off by a coyote. For a few days, all the remaining one did was look for her sister. After that though, she started socializing with the other flock members and is just as happy as before. I imagine the same will go for your girl.

This happened to my girls. I had two marans that had been raised together, just the two of them. They were inseperable. Unfortunately, one of them (the one in my profile pic) was carried off by a coyote. For a few days, all the remaining one did was look for her sister. After that though, she started socializing with the other flock members and is just as happy as before. I imagine the same will go for your girl.
Thanks so much for your response... I hope so. :love

Back
Top Bottom