long chat with my chickens

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by djackjr, Sep 2, 2009.

1. djackjr

djackjr Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2008
    Graham Wa.
    Ok today I had a heart to heart talk with my young hens. We talked about How I need eggs cause I am getting hungry. They looked at me and clucked and clucked among themselves then said we want more stuff from your vegatable garden. Then we will think some more on your egg production problem [​IMG] ....

2. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Tell them you'll lay an egg first. (works with my 6 year old....he has to be first at everything)

3. skywatcher

skywatcher Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2009
    Arlington,Indiana
    tell them they going to summer camp at tyson farms if they don't lay soon

4. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Quote:That is the cutest thing! I have 4 hens and get about one egg every other day from them now that they are two years old. I keep asking my hubby to go out there and have a heart-to-heart about omelettes versus pot pie, but he thinks they are holding out until the mealworm wagon starts visiting more often.

5. tallieb

tallieb Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2009
    Arizona
    Quote:My chickens told me the same thing so every morning I take them a big bowl of garden scraps and they still won't help me in the egg production.

6. ChooksChick

ChooksChick BeakHouse's Mad Chicken Scientist

Aug 17, 2008
    Larry, KS
    My Coop
    There was a gal on here who recently took hers on a walking tour...past the grill...

7. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Quote:Thats so cute! Did it work??

8. Dragonfly Ranch

Dragonfly Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2009
    Happy Valley, CA
    Quote:[​IMG]

9. LarryPQ

LarryPQ Easter Hatch!!

Jul 17, 2009
    Have you read "Click-clack, Moo"?

I suspect your chickens have.

10. fordmommy

fordmommy Dancing With My Chickens

Jul 16, 2009
    Wisconsin
    I started to read my chickens bedtime stories from my favorite cookbook. [​IMG]

This is the advise that FluffyColor had given me before mine started laying.

Every night, after they are up on the roost, read them a chicken recipe that sounds so good. After you're done, say,"That sounds soooo delicious, doesn't it? Makes me wanna bareecue some chicken. [​IMG] Well, goodnight."

Your hens will have a meeting and your scardey-cat hen [​IMG] will say,"She's going to barbecue us! [​IMG] !

"No,she's not,"says your bravest [​IMG] hen.

"Why don't we start laying?Then she wont want to."

"Great!"says your most agreeable [​IMG] hen.

"I have a better idea [​IMG] says your most difficult [​IMG] hen.

"We tell her if she barbecues us we'll come back as zombies and hold her captive in a cave without food or water.Then she'll be scared."

"Let's take a poll," the brave hen says."All in favor of telling her we'll become zombies,raise a wing!"

The difficult hen raises her wing.

"All in favor of starting to lay?"

The brave,scared,and agreeable hens raise thier wings.

The next morning,you'll come and find eggs! [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by