Long combs normal?!

Caityvoss

Chirping
Jan 24, 2022
Hey guys, I’m new to chicken owning and I’m curious my chickens have really long combs like to where they flip to the side and cover their eyes sometimes? They are normal color and seem fine otherwise but I don’t know if this is a sign of something else or if I’m doing something wrong? Plz help lol

Hey guys, I’m new to chicken owning and I’m curious my chickens have really long combs like to where they flip to the side and cover their eyes sometimes? They are normal color and seem fine otherwise but I don’t know if this is a sign of something else or if I’m doing something wrong? Plz help lol
Some breeds have huge combs. What breeds do you have?

I have some hens like that. It's normal for some breeds. Are you sure they are roosters they are more susceptible to the bigger combs

Yes! It is perfectly normal for Leghorns to have huge combs, white ones I know. My white leghorn Daisy had a HUGE comb that went flap, flap, flap as she ran! Even her nickname was Flap Flap! I have had experince with leghorns for over 6 years. They certainly are good dual purpose breeds and Great egg layers.

Back
Top Bottom