Long day Saturday working on coop!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by 2DogsCoop, Mar 18, 2011.

1. 2DogsCoop

2DogsCoop Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2011
    Naples, FL
    Well Saturday is going to be a long day at the coop. I am trying to get it ready for getting our birds next Friday and the punch list is long. I bought nesting boxes today at Tractor Supply and will mount those first thing in the morning (about 16 inches off the floor). I went and picked up all my electrical supplies and water lines at Lowes today. I need to figure out how I am going to build the roost, I am trying to determine at what height to start the roost and how high I should go. I ordered the poultry cup waterer tonight, so that should be here early next week. I guess I am going to install the waterer on the outside wall of the coop when it arrives. I was going to put it in the coop but it has been recommended that we put it in the run. We are finishing the run on Monday but I can continue to install the chicken wire. Then I may have to evaluate the coops ventilation, it was hot here today and the temp inside the coop was not that hot maybe 3 to 5 degrees above the outside temp. The coop is in a shaded area, I will most likely add ventilation. Oh will this ever end, I want my chickens now.

2. MamaChic21

MamaChic21 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2010
    Jackson, NJ
    Quote:As long as you love chickens, it will never end [​IMG] but that's a good thing. I'm so excited for you. Building a new coop, getting chickens is so much fun. I normally put the roosts 1 to 2 ft off the floor. But make sure to add a lot of ventilation. Especially your in FL. After you get your chickens, enjoy watching chicken t.v. Good luck to you and keep us posted on your progress.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by