Long Tail Breeds

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Celtic Hill, Nov 30, 2010.

1. Celtic Hill

Celtic Hill Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    Scotland CT
    What are some long tail breeds? im looking for one that comes in white or light colors and isn't aggressive and can deal with confinement

2. V Comb

V Comb Chillin' With My Peeps

Yokohama [​IMG]

3. Celtic Hill

Mar 7, 2010
    Scotland CT
    I just have to find white eggs now... [​IMG]

4. GypsyChic

GypsyChic Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2009
    MO
    Quote:Hey Celtic I have a few nice Phoenix as well as Sumatras [​IMG] They were all raised by hand, come flocking to me for treats, and they do well in a 5x10 inside winter pen and 12 x 20 summer range pen. I'll post pics if you like. Both breeds are neat and interesting, not to mention beautiful. Yoko's are stunning!

5. RAREROO

RAREROO Overrun With Chickens

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    Phoenix and Yokohamas are the only ones that are readily available and come in White and lighter colors.

6. Boggy Bottom Bantams

Boggy Bottom Bantams Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Hahira, GA
    Quote:will have plenty this spring if you havent found any in the phoenix, mine are all bantam though.

7. Celtic Hill

Mar 7, 2010
    Scotland CT
    Quote:will have plenty this spring if you havent found any in the phoenix, mine are all bantam though.

you have white yokies?!?!

8. punky rooster

punky rooster Awesome

Jul 21, 2010

you have white yokies?!?!

I checked his website & no the don't have yokies

Last edited: Dec 4, 2010
  9. RAREROO

RAREROO Overrun With Chickens

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    Quote:you have white yokies?!?!

I checked her website & no the don't have yokies

No HE doesnt have White Yokos, and Aubrey is a guy btw , lol. But if you saw on the phoenix thread, he did buy a pair of White nonmolting Phoenix with high percentage blood from the Onagadori decendants that the US got from Japan years back. But I'm sure he will be working these into his own birds for a while and selecting and may not have anything to sale from them for a while but I'll let him answer that part.

But the ones he does have now are VERY nice looking birds.

10. punky rooster

punky rooster Awesome

Jul 21, 2010
    Quote:I checked her website & no the don't have yokies

No HE doesnt have White Yokos, and Aubrey is a guy btw , lol. But if you saw on the phoenix thread, he did buy a pair of White nonmolting Phoenix with high percentage blood from the Onagadori decendants that the US got from Japan years back. But I'm sure he will be working these into his own birds for a while and selecting and may not have anything to sale from them for a while but I'll let him answer that part.

But the ones he does have now are VERY nice looking birds.

DANG! [​IMG] I did it agian [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by