Long Term Headaches - Is there a doc - real or wanna be????

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by bargain, Dec 28, 2010.

  1. bargain

    bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

    Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    Without too many details, I've been having really bad headaches for about two and 1/2 months. First thought it was my TMJ - haven't been wearing the mouth guard but that doesn't seem to be it.

    The pain is left upper lobe of my face to the left of my eye, It never really goes totally away, it goes from mild, to worse to really bad. I have insurance, but i really don't know who i should see first. It's generally worst in the morning and often wakes me from my sleep - any ideas??? Thanks.............
  2. Dar

    Dar Overrun With Chickens

    Jul 31, 2008
    nurse here

    headaches that are on going are nothing to play with! it could be something simple like sinuses or something more serious.. please see your doc
  3. Steve_of_sandspoultry

    Steve_of_sandspoultry Overrun With Chickens

    Do you have sinus problems? I do and I get a dull ache from them sometimes, this time of year the cold and dry is not nice to my sinus. The humidifier does wonders.

  4. I have WHAT in my yard?

    I have WHAT in my yard? Chillin' With My Peeps

    Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    See your doctor.

    I do sinus rinses and moisturizers this time of year. I have really messed up sinuses and they cause constant headaches, but you need to know the source first.
  5. noodleroo

    noodleroo Snuggles with Chickens

    Apr 29, 2010
    Rockport, Tx
    See your family doctor. They can refer you to a specialist if necessary.

    It could be something as simple as a rebound headache from taking too many pain killers (yes, even over the counter ones) for too long or something that needs immediate attention. You've had it too long to mess around; find out what it is...
  6. chickensioux

    chickensioux Chillin' With My Peeps

    Feb 12, 2009
    Western North Carolina
  7. booker81

    booker81 Redneck Tech Girl

    Apr 18, 2010
    Second (or third? fourth?) the doctor. Go to your general doc and ask for a referal, at the very least they should order a scan (CAT? CT? I can't remember which one).

    Probably not what you have, but I have constant aches over my right temple - where I once was cracked in the head with a full beer bottle (bar brawl at a bar I was working at, I wasn't part of it!). I do have permanent damage there, very visible on scans. Docs keep an eye on it. [​IMG]
  8. sourland

    sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

    May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Please see your family doctor and follow his recommendations.
  9. JustAChickenLittle&More

    JustAChickenLittle&More Chillin' With My Peeps

    Nov 25, 2010
    Bargain if I were you I would go see a neurologist. I stated having migraines about 10 years ago. I would get them in the same place you have them. One of them lasted for 7 days. It also causes me to get sick to my stomach. Regular doctors just dont understand migraines. They tried about 20 different migraine pills on me. They wouldn't give me the ones I got at the hospital (when I had the 7 nighter) because they were narcotic. None of their medicine worked. I went to a neurologist, he gave me the right medicine and he knew more about the headaches. I wish you well. I know how it is to have those headaches.
  10. 2 Beauts

    2 Beauts Chillin' With My Peeps

    Mar 8, 2008
    What age range are you?? I get the hormone migraines. Usually I take an OTC headache pill..... Wal-Mart has one, it's 250 mg aspirin, 250 mg ibuprofen, and 65 mg caffeine. I did go see my Dr before I started them though.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by