Long time BackYard Chickens stalker

MilWitFarm

Hatching
Mar 14, 2017
Hi everyone! In continuation of the title...I finally joined backyard chickens because of a positive experience I wanted to share...on another thread.

We have a couple dozen chickens that just started laying, that was so exciting! I have learned quite a lot on this site and so greatful for the wisdom. I finally found out what chicken math means, lol. My daughter is the resident chicken whisperer and just received a new egg collecting apron that her granny made. Granny has been loving her pasture raised eggs...

We're also trying to incubate Saxony duck eggs.

Hi again, hope to make friends, online(and it would sure be fun to find locals in my area, too, we're the only critter raisers I know) and contribute when I can!

Rachel

Welcome! You don't say where you are from, but go to the Where am I? thread and join up with your state - I'm sure you will find lots of peeps close by! Hope you continue to enjoy your fluffy butts
thumbsup.gif

Thank you for joining us at Backyard chickens. That is really a great apron, I'm sure you daughter loves wearing it when collecting eggs.

Hi Rachel and welcome to BYC. That's a neat idea for egg collection!

Please make yourself at home here.
Best wishes
CT

welcome-byc.gif

That's great your daughter is enjoying the chickens! The apron is a cute idea, nice of grandma to make it for her.

Hi everyone! In continuation of the title...I finally joined backyard chickens because of a positive experience I wanted to share...on another thread.

We have a couple dozen chickens that just started laying, that was so exciting! I have learned quite a lot on this site and so greatful for the wisdom. I finally found out what chicken math means, lol. My daughter is the resident chicken whisperer and just received a new egg collecting apron that her granny made. Granny has been loving her pasture raised eggs...

Hi again, hope to make friends, online(and it would sure be fun to find locals in my area, too, we're the only critter raisers I know) and contribute when I can!

Rachel
welcome-byc.gif

Rachel
Welcome to BYC.

Does Granny sell these aprons?
Beautiful!

Thanks All!

She hasn't sold any, this was her first apron. I could ask her! It turned out pretty cool.

My daughter sure does love that apron.

Ha! Forgot to say where we are...We're in the very most north central part of Illinois. Thanks for the link and reminder.

I haven't posted on a group in years
...hopefully I did not cause confusion with my reply, I'll need to refigure out how to reply and note who it is to.

Thanks again for the warm welcome. :)

G’Day from down under MilWitFarm
frow.gif
Welcome!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

Back
Top Bottom