1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Long time BYC reader, first time poster

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by GobbleGobble, Oct 2, 2016.

1. GobbleGobble

GobbleGobble New Egg

Oct 2, 2016
    Hello,

The BYC has been a go-to forum for me whenever I have had questions regarding my flock.
    Our flock currently consists of 7 ducks, 3 turkeys, 2 geese (Sebastopol), 2 guineas, and 5 chickens.
    We have had fowl for about 25 years.
    My family consists of my husband, 12 year old daughter, 1 dog, 4 cats, 1 cockatoo, 1 blue-front amazon parrot, 1 rosy boa, 2 hermit crabs, 2 whites tree frogs, and 5 fire belly toads.
    We live in Alpine which is a rural area about 30 minutes east of San Diego.
    I am a registered veterinary technician at a small animal emergency/referral hospital in San Diego.

Sincerely,
    Karen

2. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Hello there and thank you for joining us today! I love your avatar, I have always admired Sebastpols. Sounds like you have quite the selection of animals there, I hope you enjoy BYC and we can help you in every way possible.

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Very nice to meet you Karen, always good to have more vets, especially ones with knowledge of poultry. Glad you joined us at BYC [​IMG]

4. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Greetings, Karen and welcome to BYC - glad that you have joined us. It seems that you have quite a menagerie. There are forums for the feathered variety, but there's no reason why you can't start a hermit crab thread [​IMG] Please make yourself at home.

Best wishes
    CT

5. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

Welcome to BYC! It's great to have you.

6. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Karen, and :welcome. Pleased you joined our community! Sounds like you bring a wealth of experience and knowledge to the site. Thanks for joining! :)

7. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by