Long time lurker, first time poster - tiny house owner with the tiniest chicken breed

yoshi09

Chirping
Aug 2, 2021
San Diego County
Hi, I'm Yoshi. Long time lurker, first time poster. I finally bit the bullet and registered officially because I'm looking to rehome a pair of silkie roosters. More on that in this post.

About me:

Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I first got chickens ~2 years ago but actually moved from my last place in the city so I can have a flock!

How many chickens do you have right now?
6 seramas and 3 silkies.

What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
Learning about all their fun little personality quirks.

What are some of your other hobbies?
I love composting. I do 3 kinds: traditional backyard, vermicomposting, and bokashi. Backyard chicken raising really fits into this hobby. =)

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I have 2 shrimp also. Eventually I'd like to get a pond of tilapia and do some hydroculture too. I have a background on exotic bird keeping since I used to be an aviculturist so raising chickens was easier than expected!

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
I've known about BYC longer than I've had chickens. I actually had a dream about owning chickens once 8 years ago (it involved me on a motorcycle taking a chicken with a tiny chicken helmet on a ride) and it had been a goal to have chickens since. ha!

Back
Top Bottom