Long time reader

xanadufarm

Hatching
Oct 18, 2016
Hello all, my wife and I are long time readers. We are fairly new in our poultry journey (coming up on our 1st full year). We find ourselves reading something on this page on a daily basis and I finally made us an account. We are based out of central Kentucky and our original flock was given to us by some local farmers that wanted out of chickens. We started with 24 and went down to 18. We've hatched successfully 4 eggs to date and bought some pullets from a hatchery and they are all a week old now. Its a very exciting process and we both have a lot to learn. Thank you in advance for answering all the silly and or random questions we come up with!

-M

Last edited:
Hello and welcome to Backyard chickens! I am glad you joined us, and I hope you enjoy it here! And just an FYI, there are no silly or random questions in the world of chickens, for chickens are silly and random themselves!

Hi there and thank you so much for joining backyard chickens!
welcome-byc.gif

I am so amazed that you have so many chickens In your flock and hatched many baby chicks as well. If there are any questions you post on this forum, I'll try my best to answer them! I hope this website serves as a great benefit to both of you and lastly good luck on your poultry journey! PS I'm just curious, how did you get into the whole poultry hobby? are you using it as a business or a side hobby to relieve stress. I've noticed these days people get into the farm life to relive stress and have a healthy lifestyle, that's how I actually got into it! Again have fun on BYC

Sincerely ~Sunshine Ducky

Hi there and thank you so much for joining backyard chickens!
:welcome

I am so amazed that you have so many chickens In your flock and hatched many baby chicks as well. If there are any questions you post on this forum, I'll try my best to answer them! I hope this website serves as a great benefit to both of you and lastly good luck on your poultry journey! PS I'm just curious, how did you get into the whole poultry hobby? are you using it as a business or a side hobby to relieve stress. I've noticed these days people get into the farm life to relive stress and have a healthy lifestyle, that's how I actually got into it! Again have fun on BYC

Sincerely ~Sunshine Ducky

Hi Sunshine Ducky, I (M) am a combat vet. I've gone through the struggles and realization things aren't normal for me anymore. I moved back home to Ky from Los Angeles to take over the now downsized farm from my mother. I would like to get to the point where I can be a full time farmer ranging in livestock. Chickens presented themselves to me and I jumped on the opportunity to take them. My wife (J) is a city woman whom I stole from LA so all of this has been new to her. She has fallen in love with these birds!

Hi Sunshine Ducky, I (M) am a combat vet. I've gone through the struggles and realization things aren't normal for me anymore. I moved back home to Ky from Los Angeles to take over the now downsized farm from my mother. I would like to get to the point where I can be a full time farmer ranging in livestock. Chickens presented themselves to me and I jumped on the opportunity to take them. My wife (J) is a city woman whom I stole from LA so all of this has been new to her. She has fallen in love with these birds!
I'm so happy your trying to make farming your profession, I hope all goes well! and good luck!

Thank you sincerely for you time in service as a combat vet. Most chicken folks find that watching chicken tv is very therapeutic. No cable or satellite bills, no reruns etc.
welcome-byc.gif

Back
Top Bottom