Longcrowers.

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Kennyog, Dec 5, 2009.

1. Kennyog

Kennyog Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2009
    Oak Grove
    Do any of you have or breed longcrowers?

2. emys

emys Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2008
    Idaho
    No, but if you find any shortcrowers count me in. (Couldn't help it!)

BUMP.

Are you looking to order some? (SandHill has them.) Or do you want more information from people with experience?

Last edited: Dec 5, 2009
  3. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

No, but I've been thinking about it. Can you imagine a rooster crowing for a full minute? AWESOME!!!

4. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    There are people in the US who sell and raise Denizli long crowers - They aren't like Kosova long crowers, who crow up to 50 seconds, but a 15 second crow is pretty good. It is also a more defined crow than just a guttural sound. There are also a couple BYC members who also raise Denizlis - If that is what you are looking for, I could show you around some more.

5. Overeasyplz

Overeasyplz Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2009
    Leesburg
    I thought about torturing neighbors with them , but decided nahh...I' d get sick of them before they would lol

6. 19hhbelgian

19hhbelgian Pigs DO Fly!!

Apr 9, 2009
    New Tripoli PA
    I found some longcrower hatching eggs for sale... Told hubby these were my new breed project [​IMG] He didn't think it was as funny as I did [​IMG] No sense of humor [​IMG]

Honestly I don't think even I could handle that, and I have an extremely high tolerance when it comes to animals... Just look at my sig line [​IMG]

7. Kennyog

Kennyog Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2009
    Oak Grove
    Quote:Go to youtube and click the video link, then type in long crowers in the search box. You will be entertained for sure! I like them!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by