Longtail croosing

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Arkklon, Jan 25, 2010.

1. Arkklon

Arkklon Out Of The Brooder

Jan 25, 2010
    Lajas, PR
    Greetings:

These are some of the results of crosses with yokohama Sumatra and other crossings that I created. These cockerels are 10 months old. If anyone wants to put photos of similar crosses are welcome.

Arkklon

[​IMG]
    Pure Blue Sumatra

[​IMG]
    Black Sumatra + Red Yokohama

[​IMG]
    Blue Sumatra + White Yokohama

[​IMG]
    25% Sumatra +75% Yokohama

[​IMG]
    25% Sumatra + 75% Yokohama

Last edited: Jan 25, 2010
  2. kingpincray

kingpincray Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2009
    Palmerston North
    very nice birds. Thanks for sharing.

3. alpinefarm

alpinefarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2008
    Western Colorado
    So beautiful!

4. SilverPhoenix

SilverPhoenix Bantam Fanatic

Dec 15, 2009
    Penn Valley, CA
    Oooh, they're so gorgeous! [​IMG]

5. Arkklon

Jan 25, 2010
    Lajas, PR
    Greetings:

Thank you very much for the comments, I been working on this project for a year. I am excited about the results and hope that next year these cockerels has the tail length I want. Little by little I am giving an update to the photos.[​IMG]

Arkklon

6. Kennyog

Kennyog Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2009
    Oak Grove
    Your fowl are AWESOME!! Nice job with your breeding! Take care.

7. pktuan

pktuan Out Of The Brooder

Aug 31, 2009
    Thanks. Very beautiful bird!

8. Dustin Biery

Dustin Biery Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2007
    Mulberry, Arkansas
    Nice birds, I really like the blue over white and the 25/75 crosses. Making me think seriously about getting some sumatras...

9. Cuban Longtails

Cuban Longtails Flock Mistress

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    Those are lovely crosses. What type of end result are you looking for? Have the multiple spurring of the sumatra shown up in your mixes?

10. Arkklon

Jan 25, 2010
    Lajas, PR
    Hi:

This started a while ago because I had a trio of Sumatra and only one hen yokohama. The longtail are not well known in P.R. Most private breeders do not send the eggs outside the United States continental for various reasons (whatever). And those who I bought some eggs I haven't been not lucky with some because they are not show quality and most of the eggs arrive likec scrambles. Almost all the hatcheries send to Puerto Rico and Virgin Islands. I removed all the chicken (which in my opinion) do not comply with the standards of the races. This experiment is to see if it truly is a myth for many cock fighters of the island that if you mix two birds of different colors and the hen lays eggs and hatching in March, most have a variation in color every year in the molt . For example, a b.b. red bird that maybe next year is speckled and so on. The truth is that there are none with the same color, even though they are all brothers. The two 50% + 50% have multiple spurs. They are younger than 10 months old, we'll see if next year I have that variation.

Arkklon

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by