Longtails are finally here

Oh my goodness Tommy, what lovely, elegant birds! You must be so excited to have them. I'm looking forward to hearing how they settle in.
big_smile.png

P.S. I love the falling leaves on your webpage...

Yeah! Did you see their pictures yet? I have the full update on their description as of tonight. When I picked the hens out tonight to do the measuring and all because its easier @ night, I was amazed @ how good their tailfeathers area. The two hens have tail feathers LONGER than their actual body!!!

Unbelievable...

you got Cy Hyde birds!! He lives real close to me and runs an herb farm. I've gotten several personal tours of his farm, both of the birds AND of the herbs! He's really an awesome guy, and his birds are even more awesome. These birds are pretty pure, and the tails grow HUGE! He had one with a ten foot tail that he had stuffed. Did you get bantams or standards? I know he has both. He's great to work with too. The only thing is his birds ARE pretty pricey! I remember they were like $50 a piece back when I was looking. I just couldn't afford it!

Good luck with them! I always visit his birds when we buy herbs in the summer!

Hey,

You know what Pal...im REALLY glad you replied
yippiechickie.gif

Because the one thing I am missing from him to start his own website for him are digital pictures. Scanned pictures won't turn out that nice on webpages and it looks sorta unprofessional and if you have a digi-cam and can take pictures of his home, hebs, AND chickens...you would do us both a SUPER huge favor!

Yeah, the birds he sold me he told me "I will never sell them" because they are his BEST that he told me in his 300+ birds that he said he has. If he were to sell them straight out...it would be $100 a piece but I am doing him a great big favor so he gave me a deal that probably would rock N.J. Haha (overly exag..)

Anyhow, they are bantams. I have updated a few things on that page so come and take a look @ it again. Hehe

- Tommy

Hey! I would lvoe to take pictures for him! I get out of school in May and I'm sure I will be going there to get herbs. I could always plan just a special photo shoot day with him though! He might remember me. You can tell him I have the friends with the horses (appaloosa) who came to visit one time! Do you have his e-mail adress? If you want to, PM me it and I will get in touch with him to get some pictures! You can tell him I live right in Hope, NJ.

Love the photos of your birds! I need to get a special breed to work with. Right now I just have a little bit of everything.

Excellent!

Lol. The thing with Cy is the he doesn't LIKE computers and don't want to get involved in it, thats why he doesn't have an e-mail or really even USES a computer so yeah.

Thats why I am setting up an e-mail for him and setting up his website for him so people can know who he is. He's like the "godfather" of the longtails and how everyone has them now in the first place - if you will. So I want people to know how where their longtails came from in the first place! Hehe
tongue.png

Well, Thanks for doing that and I will certainly call Cy to touch basis with him. Awww...is the soonest you can come over to him is in May? Wow...thats hummm...3 months?

Lol. We can wait for the good pictures right? Glad that you can do it! Do you mind PM or e-mailing me your phone number or e-mail so I can keep in touch with you easier?

- Tommy

I may be able to get over there during my spring break which begins on March 16th I think. I will definitiely PM you my contact info! I definitely think what youa re doing is a great idea! How did you find out about Cy?

I found out about Cy via longtail breeders website. They have his # so I gave him a call. His birds sure are great and it would be really great if you can come out to him during Spring Break? I only have a week and its not until the end of March:( Oh well...
Hope to hear from you soon!

- Tommy

Back
Top Bottom