Longtime Lurker First Time Poster - Missouri

Over on Caney Creek

In the Brooder
10 Years
Aug 2, 2009
Missouri Ozarks
Hello friendly people. I've enjoyed this informative forum for a while. I found it while searching for an electrolyte dosage (they never put the equivalent for a small amount on the packages do they?) and have been hooked since.

It all started with a box of banty chicks in the mail. I still have the picture from the day they arrived. That was over 20 years ago, the start of the obsession. Since then, we've always had a few, sometimes a lot. These days I keep about 4-5 dozen hens that free range in the afternoons, provide calico-colored eggs for our farmer's market booth, and entertain me all the time. We have a bench under the pines alongside the hen house & yard. The girls & I have coffee & scratch break together every day.

We live in the Missouri Ozarks on a lovely little creek bottom farm of 90 acres & raise hay, honey, horses, cows, vegetables & kids.

I've had chickens quite a while, so there are things I know, but there are more that I don't! I've learned SO MANY useful things from BYC members already, so I just wanted to say hello and thank you, thank you, thank you!

frow.gif
from Texas!

Oh, thank you everyone, how nice!

Easttxchick - My dad was from Rals, Tx. It's a whole other country, right?

Dragonfly Ranch - We make herbal soaps here and our line is called Dragonfly Garden - we oughta merge.

Farrier! - I've shown horses all over Il, even southern (DuQuoin for ex), the prettiest part. As the old saw goes here, the hills ain't so high as the hollers is deep.

Ranchhand & gumpsgirl - I've never been that far east but I'd sure love to.

19Dawn76 - Been through Toadsuck. Really! My mom's people are on the other side of the Ouachitas in the Kiamichi range. We don't rent pigs! From Lonesome Dove - I love it!

Portagegirl - Thank you. I had to borrow an avatar that was already made until I figure out how, but it looks just like it does here in the fall. Look at my page for some of my own humble pics of the creek and farm.

I look forward to seeing you all again and again.

Back
Top Bottom