lonley peep

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by naightengale, Aug 17, 2013.

1. naightengale

naightengale Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2013
    Rocky Mount VA.
    My Coop
    ok so i have 1 lone silkie peep left...its all alone in the brooder peeping like crazy what can i do to calm it??
    it had been uset to two older chicks being in there with it but i sold them.

2. annagarret

annagarret Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2013
    Memphis Michigan
    My Coop
    It's lonely and scared. I've found they thrive best in their age group. Either adopt new chicks or expect to coddle it till it can join an adult flock

Good luck

1 person likes this.
  3. naightengale

Aug 13, 2013
    Rocky Mount VA.
    My Coop
    i did get it out today for a while and held it it layed over my finger and slept. it just breaks my heart that its soo unhappy its now 30 days old. and i have at least 21 days before we have anymore peeps.. cause im planing to bate some in the coming days.. i did put a fluffy scarf in ther for it to snuggle. but its just too busy trying to get out of the brooder. it has been staying on top of the water jar trying to get closer to the lid to get out (its covered so it cant get out and none of my cats can get in) but its trying so hard.

4. annagarret

Feb 23, 2013
    Memphis Michigan
    My Coop
    I just had a thought, maybe put in a little stuff animal or one of those heartbeat Baby monitors used for newborns.

1 person likes this.
  5. naightengale

Aug 13, 2013
    Rocky Mount VA.
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    snuggle time out of the brooder, happy baby now lol until it gets put back.

6. ChirpyChicks1

ChirpyChicks1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2013
    Yeah they are flock animals and being alone can cause emotional issues. Also it might have troubles becoming part of a flock later if it's use to only being with humans. I'd find it a buddy of the same age now

7. naightengale

Aug 13, 2013
    Rocky Mount VA.
    My Coop
    we put a mama hen in with her shes curled up ontop of the hen happy now. still wants out but aint screaming all the time now.

8. annagarret

Feb 23, 2013
    Memphis Michigan
    My Coop
    Awwww. How sweet!

9. naightengale

Aug 13, 2013
    Rocky Mount VA.
    My Coop
    im so proud of my little silkie hen shes taken the little peep back like it was never apart from her.. it slept under her last night all cosy. and shes trying to make a nest in the brooder for it...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by