1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Lonley Rooster in Ill LOVES music?!?!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Jerrysmom, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Jerrysmom

Jerrysmom Out Of The Brooder

Feb 28, 2012
    Plainfield IL
    I had to take my neighbors rooster-removing him from his ladies- because her neighbor hated him and now is his just a lonely guy until I get my chicks and they are old enough to go outside with him. All he does is cry and coock a doodle do ALLLLLLLL day unless someone is outside with him then he is happy and will just follow you around. Well as much as I would love to be outside with him all day I just cant but I did notice that if I play music for him then he is happy and will settle down. You can tell he hates being alone. I know that sounds silly to some people but you can really tell he is not a happy guy having to be alone all the time. So does anyone else have chickens who like to rock out to music all day? I would love to find someone close to me that wants to sell a hen so he can have a lady back but so far no luck [​IMG] Oh and hard rock is his FAVORITE

2. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Chickens are social creatures. Be it with humans or each other.
    My chickens seem to like classical music. I was busy on the computer one day and I was listening to Sarah Brightman. After awhile I noticed some of my chickens walked into the house and were all sitting quietly on the floor around me. When the music stopped they left again. They don't like rock though. Maybe because I play that loud.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by