Loockdown Now Having To Sit On Hands

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by countrygirl911, Jun 15, 2011.

1. countrygirl911

countrygirl911 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2010
    Mississippi
    well my 13 eggs went into lock down last night and now i am sitting on my hands which is hard i catch myself looking in every few min i had 2 of the eggs wiggling when they went into lock down so hopefully we will have a few pips today. I have lavender americauna eggs and some silkie eggs in the incubator. once i come back from vacation in july i plan on hatching more. would love to put more in once these are born but can not because we will be gone for 4 days and nobody here to keep an eye on them and the temp or to turn them. will post pictures as they hatch and dry off. my kids are glued to the incubator as well will be hard to get them to leave and go to vacation bible school

2. LilMissPetie

LilMissPetie Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2011
    Michigan
    Good Luck with your hatch [​IMG]

3. blkwdw

blkwdw Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2011
    Mine went into lockdown this morning...I have checked the bator every few minutes, telling myself I am checking temp/ humidity, while in fact, I am looking for early peepers..I have 16 mixed varieties...will take pics after the hatch and get input on what they are.. good luck to you!!

4. stitch81

stitch81 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2011
    I get the "bad organizational mom of the summer award". We made our own incubator, are building our own coop, and hatching these eggs is supposed to be our summer project with the kids. Well, I wasn't too on the ball with this one. The kids leave for camp on Sunday, and the eggs go into lockdown on Monday morning. The chicks will have already hatched (or not) by the time the kids return home on Friday. Thankfully, the kids are so excited for camp, that they don't really mind missing the actually hatching, though I have been informed that I have to video tape the little chicks popping out of their shells so the kids can watch that when they get home.

5. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    I can't help myself. Whenever I go into lock down I camp out next to the incubators. [​IMG]

6. countrygirl911

Jun 17, 2010
    Mississippi
    my DH thinks i am crazy i am constantly checking i will get no sleep till they hatch [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. blkwdw

May 29, 2011
    oh, me too! this is only my third hatch, the last one, I had a pillow and blanket spread out on the floor by the bator, this was after my DH said I was wearing a path on the floor...I'll show him, I'll just stay there on the floor.. [​IMG]

8. countrygirl911

Jun 17, 2010
    Mississippi
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG]

9. countrygirl911

Jun 17, 2010
    Mississippi
    i can hear at least one pecking at the shell but has not broken thru yet we are on day 19 will be the start of day 20 at 5;30

10. blkwdw

May 29, 2011
    I had to work today... I know they are fine, but I feel like I should be there..you know...just in case...
    it probably for the best, can't check them til 3...
    then I am off til next wed...I wonder if I can get a little fridge to put next to the bator so I can keep my caffeine close by...?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by