Look at my new ducklings! Just arrived today

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Sparrow, May 30, 2008.

1. Sparrow

Sparrow Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2008
    I didn't sleep hardly at all last night, and I got the call from the post office to come and get my duck delivery this morning. I was so thrilled! When I unpacked them, I couldn't believe how TINY they were, I've never seen ducklings so young. They are adorable and I'm completely in love with them. [​IMG]

I ordered 3 Black Runners, 1 Fawn & White Crested Runner, 1 Crested Cayuga, and 1 Crested Khaki Campbell, all girls. Sadly, one of the Black Runners passed away sometime during shipping. [​IMG] But everyone else lo oks good. A bit wobbly at first, it was cold in the post office, but now they are eating/drinking a bunch. I put honey in their drinking water like I read to, and they seem really warm and content. Here are the pics!

My Crested Khaki Campbell
    [​IMG]

My Black Indian Runners
    [​IMG]

My Crested Cayuga
    [​IMG]

My Crested Fawn&White Runner
    [​IMG]

2. RebelsHope

RebelsHope Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 27, 2007
    wisconsin
    How adorable! Congrats and condolences about the one that did not make it.

3. chicken_boy_Kurt

chicken_boy_Kurt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    I had to give away my ducks. You are so lucky. You like crested ducks I see, I'm not into crested ducks that much.

4. ticks

ticks Pheasant Obsessed

Apr 1, 2008
    The Sticks, Vermont
    nice ducklings! so sorry about the little one who didn't make it

5. hatchcrazzzy

hatchcrazzzy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2007
    kemp texas
    cute babies i have and love baby ducks

6. Sparrow

Sparrow Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2008
    Thanks for the kind words, guys. I was really sad when I opened the box and saw that one didn't move. [​IMG] My heart sank, and I just wonder what happened. She was the biggest of the Black Runners by far, so I'm not sure what went wrong. :|

I absolutely love my regular ducks, and I also have a particular interest in crested ducks. I'm not completely sure why that is, but I'm just drawn to their cute "hairdo's". lol

7. MaineChickens

MaineChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2008
    I got 2 crested ducks in my order from Ideal. I didn't ask for them, but now I really like them. Their hats are too funny.

Your babies are beautiful! Enjoy them while they are tiny, it doesn't last long at all.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by